Sonic Foundry, Inc. unveiled on Friday, June 15, the sixth version of its patented, award-winning Mediasite webcasting platform. Mediasite 6 introduces a broad range of live mobile streaming available from a professional-grade webcasting appliance and rich media management platform.
• Live streaming and on-demand playback for a wide range of mobile devices including the iPad, iPhone, Blackberry and Android, using HTML5 and H.264
• Adaptive streaming, via Microsoft Smooth Streaming, to optimize Mediasite playback by switching video quality in real-time based on available bandwidth and device capabilities
• System-wide search using indexed slide text, presentation metadata and closed captions (if available) to pinpoint content snippets anywhere in a Mediasite library
• Search engine optimization for publicly-available presentations
• Redesigned Mediasite Catalogs including new mobile catalog, calendar view and video preview layouts
• Numerous Mediasite Management Portal enhancements for advanced content management, reporting, content customization and security
“Mediasite is already so easy to use to present classroom lectures and special events to remote audiences. Our distance-education students in particular will appreciate content playback on their mobile devices like iPads and iPhones,” said Darren Rogers from the College of Education at Texas Tech University.
Mediasite has been named the Global Market Share Leader for Lecture Capture Solutions by Frost & Sullivan for three years, and is the four-time consecutive winner of the Streaming Media Readers’ Choice Award for Best Webcasting Solution. Mediasite 6 will be available fall 2011. To learn more about the Mediasite system or about Sonic Foundry, visit sonicfoundry.com.